Fitbit mission statement is “To empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be.” The statement prioritizes on what the company does to its customers. It has the following key components:
- Improving lives
- Exceeding expectations
The primary objective of Fitbit as represented by the first component is to bring products that spark inspiration in the lives of its clients. The company is a guru in the design of products that boost health solutions leading to improved quality of life. To satisfy the second component, Fitbit has expanded its scope to not only produce the basic fitness tracking products, but also the more advanced tools for monitoring the performance of vital parts such as heart rate. Moreover, it adds special training and guidance services to the list of extra treats for a premium membership.
The mission and vision statements of Fitbit has shown just how crucial such corporate tools are to the overall growth and development of a company. As an American based technology-related corporation, Fitbit has been facing stiff competitors since it started its business in 2007. However, the company has managed to position itself at the top due to their influence. Ideally, a corporate vision statement sets a desired future achievement.
In this case, the vision statement of Fitbit is being a leader in the innovation of specific products in demand. On the other hand, a corporate mission statement outlines the steps or strategies that the management should implement to grow the firm. The mission statement of Fitbit emphasizes on aligning all its work with the needs of the market to ensure that it satisfies them sufficiently. Fitbit has gained so much prominence partly due to its core values. They work together with the mission and vision statement to transform Fitbit into the company it is today.
Fitbit vision statement is “we remain focused on delivering innovative products consumers love and are confident in our vision for the future.” The emphasis of this statement is on how updated the firm remains in this industry. The following parts expound on this statement:
- Focus on innovation
- Valuing consumer needs
Ever since its first days in business, Fitbit has shown that it is never content with the variety or quality of its products. The company is constantly striving to improve and impress its customers, and this has seen its innovativeness rise beyond expectations. In fact, its products are some of the best rated in the market. The consideration of specific needs and requirements of the customers in the designs of items is another factor that makes Fitbit a company of choice for everyone.
Fitbit core values comprise “innovation, customer-first, honesty, respect, integrity, and perseverance.” The company confirms that it promotes wear and care principles through its core values. The company shows this by prioritizing on the creation of unique products in an environment where the growth of individuals together with the satisfaction of the customers is a priority.
- Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and vision. The International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication, 1-9.
- Fitbit – About.
- Gochhayat, J., Giri, V. N., & Suar, D. (2017). Influence of organizational culture on organizational effectiveness: The mediating role of organizational communication. Global Business Review, 18(3), 691-702.
- Haque, M. D., TitiAmayah, A., & Liu, L. (2016). The role of vision in organizational readiness for change and growth. Leadership & Organization Development Journal.
- Lau, H. C., & Pang, M. (2019, September). Maximizing Organizational Effectiveness by Creating a Culture of Alignment. In SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Wolf, G. (2017). New Challenges of the Digital Transformation: The Comeback of the Vision-Mission System. In Out-thinking Organizational Communications (pp. 113-128). Springer, Cham.