The mission and vision statements of JPMorgan Chase & Co. are a reflection of what has enabled this company to rapidly grow as one of the best multinational holding company in the United States. In more than a century, JPMorgan has proven itself by achieving the reputation of being the sixth biggest financial institution globally based on its assents. This is because of the way it runs its business guided by corporate statements.
A corporate vision statement defines the expected future of a company, while a corporate mission statement identifies strategies to realize the anticipated future. In this case of JPMorgan, the vision statement targets offering differentiated investment services. On the other hand, the mission statement of JPMorgan emphasizes on the impact that this company has in the banking and financial industry. JPMorgan also draws notable benefits from its core values. They are instrumental in the progressive growth of this institution.
JPMorgan Mission Statement
JPMorgan mission statement is “to be the best financial services company in the world.” The statement indicates how determined this corporation is when it comes to constantly improving its approaches to business. It has the following parts:
- Distinguished services
- Global reach
This company satisfies the first part of its mission statement by offering a wide range of investment and financial services. JPMorgan has progressively been reinventing its business approaches through time to adapt to the changing landscapes. This is what has enabled it to master the art of delivering applicable solutions while contributing to social growth as well. For the second part, JPMorgan shows that it has outgrown the U.S. borders due to its global influence. Today, it is a multinational entity rather than a national one.
JPMorgan vision statement is “aspire to be the best; execute superbly; build a great team and a winning culture.” The statement outlines what the company wants to be and known for. This statement has the following main parts:
- Being the best
- Create a winning culture
In the first part, JPMorgan confesses its obsession in perfecting all its business operations to deliver the best services for its customers. In the second one, this company recognizes that it can only achieve such high standards by making winning its norm or culture.
JPMorgan core values comprise “fairness, integrity, and responsibility.” To remain at the top in its industry since 1871, this company needed a strong foundation.
These core values have propped JPMorgan for years, giving it the support it needs to constantly overcome any business challenges and grow into the multination entity it is today.
- Best, D. Y. (2017). Meeting our mission and service vision. Policy, 102, R06.
- Hearit, L. B. (2018). JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and the Financial Crisis of 2008. International Journal of Business Communication, 55(2), 237-260.
- JPMorgan – About.
- King, D. L., Case, C. J., & Carney, J. R. (2019). Evolving mission statements: A fifteen-year comparison. Global Journal of Business Pedagogy, 3(1), 66.
- Roblek, V., & Meško, M. (2018). The importance of vision and mission for organizational development and growth.
- Taiwo, A. A., Lawal, F. A., & Agwu, E. (2016). Vision and Mission in Organization: Myth or Heuristic Device? The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(3).