Asana mission statement is “to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.” The statement lays emphasis on the impact that this company wants to have on its clients. The statement comprises of the following features:
- Promote productivity
- Improve relationships
Asana acknowledges the complexities involved in a group and team dynamics. In response, it offers specially designed tools to overcome common challenges and increase productivity. Companies that use Asana report higher returns and surprisingly well-motivated and adequately satisfied employees. The main approach of Asana as represented by the second component is to ease and improve professional interaction between workers while executing their duties. The healthy mechanisms employed by this company through its services leads to healthy relationships at workplaces.
The mission and vision statements of Asana shows the readiness of this company to redefine how teams interrelate and work to give results in their business projects. The organizational level of this company, as guided by its mission and vision statements, has been lauded as exceptional and simply mind-blowing. A corporate mission statement identifies the strategies that a company uses to grow, while a corporate vision statement sets the growth targeted by a company.
In this case, the vision statement of Asana is to be the game-changer in team operations. On the other hand, its mission statement emphasizes on its role in boosting productivity. The growth of this company from 2008 to date is also linked to the core values that it applies. Asana incorporates strong values that contribute to its overall growth as a company.
Asana vision statement is on “empowering teams to do great things together.” The statement shows that Asana’s primary focus is on the success of teams in organizations and other institutions. This statement by Asana has these components:
- Empowering teams
- Do great things as a unit
In the absence of organization, teams can be chaotic. However, Asana has proven its ability to manage any type of teams wherever they are, whether working in conventional settings or online. The designs of its tools are so unique that it targets the specific tasks of a team and provides appropriate ways and structures of maximizing their potentials.
Asana core values comprise “diversity and inclusion, clarity, co-creation, responsibility, mindfulness, and being real.” With these values guiding its operations, Asana has become a respectable company due to the impact it has on other institutions that contract its services. There is no doubt that the company has some of the best practices for an enabling working environment.
- Asana – About.
- Bart, C. K. (1996). The impact of mission on firm innovativeness. International Journal of Technology Management, 11, 479-493.
- Bart, C. K., Bontis, N., & Taggar, S. (2001). A model of the impact of mission statements on firm performance. Management decision, 39(1), 19-35.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Chun, R., & Davies, G. (2001). E-reputation: The role of mission and vision statements in positioning strategy. Journal of Brand Management, 8(4), 315-333.
- Ingenhoff, D., & Fuhrer, T. (2010). Positioning and differentiation by using brand personality attribute: Do mission and vision statements contribute to building a unique corporate identity?. Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 15(1), 83-101.
- Verma, H. V. (2009). Mission statements-a study of intent and influence. Journal of Services Research, 9(2).