Wegmans mission statement is “every day you get our best.” The precision of this statement is a reflection of the focus and simplicity of Wegmans. The company contributes to:
- Improvement of health
- Improves lives
The choice of ingredients is the most important factor in the popularity of items that Wegmans offers. The experts in the store offer additional assistance such as guidance on the items to choose and chef services. Moreover, the company has an appealing quality that draws customers into Wegmans stores. It also flavours its customer treatment by easing their shopping experiences through an easy to use online store and delivery system.
Wegmans is an American supermarket chain famed for its natural foods and exceptional customer care services. The store implements its mission and vision statements to the letter as shown by its attractive image, welcoming environment, and mouthwatering dishes. The services that one gets at Wegmans are simply out-of-this-world. Its ability to give clients memorable experiences has seen the company expand into 101 stores due to increasing demands.
The most striking aspect about the company is that its original focus of, offering the very best, as dictated by the corporate mission and vision statement remains unchanged for over a century in operation. The vision statement specifically emphasizes on its duty towards healthier lives, while the mission statement echoes the dedication of Wegmans to quality and freshness of the ingredients together with customer service. The incorporation of core values further improves the reputation of Wegmans as they create a supportive environment for the firm to achieve all its targets.
Wegmans vision statement is “helping you live a healthier, better life through food.” The statement emphasizes healthy eating lifestyles. The two components expound on this vision.
- Live healthier
- Through food
Other than simply selling its ingredients and food items, Wegmans offers interactive tools that support healthy eating routines. They enable a shopper to stay a step ahead through meal plans that inform their shopping, so they do not have to shift to fads. The main emphasis is healthy meals that fit within any one’s budget. The healthy eating guidelines by Wegmans are precisely what every family and individuals need to live happier and healthier.
Wegmans core values comprise “caring, community service, respect, empowerment.” These values make Wegman a holistic supermarket that provides not only products and services but also an entity that builds relationships. They also ensure that it makes a difference in individuals through empowerment and contribution to social growth.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Chakravorti, S. (2011). Managing organizational culture change and knowledge to enhance customer experiences: analysis and framework. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 19(02), 123-151.
- Cocito-Monoc, G. (2018). Cultural Due Diligence: Wegmans Food Markets, Inc & The Mayo Clinic.
- Ezzedeen, S. R., Hyde, C. M., & Laurin, K. R. (2006). Is Strategic Human Resource Management Socially Responsible? The Case of Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 18(4), 295-307.
- Mirvis, P., Googins, B., & Kinnicutt, S. (2010). Vision, mission, values. Organizational Dynamics, 39(4), 316.
- Wegmans – About.